- Location – Lucky Point Creek (a branch of the Coosaw River), Lady's Island, Beaufort County
- Origin of name – ?
- Other names – ?
- Current status – ?
- ? – Earliest known date of existence
- ? – House built
- Early 1800s – Henry McKee owned Ashdale Plantation. Historic speculation is Henry McKee fathered Robert Smalls, a slave whom became a noted civil rights crusader and politician (3).
- ? – Christopher Green owned 200 acres of the plantation after the Civil War (2).
- Number of acres – 420 in 1863
- Primary crop – Sea Island Cotton
- Number of slaves – ?
References & Resources
- News & Courier Newspaper (predecessor to the Charleston Post & Courier) February 26, 1933 issue reprint of Free South April 4, 1863 listing of St. Helena Island plantation sales prior to the Civil War
- Information contributed by Walter F. Lubkin, Jr.
- David Lauderdale, From Slave to Congressman (Columbia, SC: The State, February 26, 2015).