Buck Ridge Plantation

Submitted by FHMaster on Sat, 12/17/2016 - 15:22

see Shady Grove Plantation

owned by James Stuart Douglass, Sr. until he died in 1837.  He left it to his wife, Emaline Evans Douglass, and his brothers, Stephen Douglass and Archibald Douglass.    Emaline changed its name to Shady Grove Plantation.  She remarried in 1841 to Maxwell Bland.  When she died in 1849, she left the plantation to her children.  But, her husband, Maxwell, sold the property without the permission of the minors - and it later became a court case when the children wanted their property . This plantation is located in Tensas Parish Louisiana.