Acadia Plantation

Submitted by FHMaster on Sat, 12/17/2016 - 13:53

"Thibodaux, La  Originally named Acadie, the name was changed to Acadia in the 1830's. Once owned by Jim,, Retzin, and Stephen Bowie, the hero of the Alamo, whose family owned it from 1827 to 1831. The house was consolidated into one building from two creole cottages and a shotgun house. Other owners were Philip Barton Key, Nephew of Francis Scott Key and Andrew Donelson, nephew of Rachel Jackson, wife of Andrew Jackson. Federal troops camped here during the Civil War.