Aduston Hall Plantation

Submitted by FHMaster on Fri, 12/16/2016 - 21:51

Built from 1844–46 for Amos Travis, a native of Georgia. It is a major contributing property to the Gainesville Historic District.

Aduston Hall was built as a summer home for Amos Travis from 1844 to 1846. Travis, a resident of Mobile, used the house as a refuge from the heat, humidity, and disease that plagued Mobile during the summer months. The property was a largely self-sufficient plantation complex. Five 19th century outbuildings remain at the site.[8]

Aduston Hall in Gainesville Alabama.jpg 

Location
Gainesville
State
GeoCoord
32.81317°N 88.15933°W
Owners
Amos Travis
Founded
1844–46
Status
Unknown
NRHP Ref Number
85002925