Belle Alliance Plantation

Submitted by FHMaster on Sat, 12/17/2016 - 15:14

Belle Alliance is an Italianate and Greek Revival plantation house in Assumption Parish, Louisiana, U.S.A. It is the namesake of the unincorporated community of Belle Alliance.[2] The town and the plantation are located on the east bank of Bayou Lafourche, about five miles (8 km) out of Donaldsonville.

During the 1770s, this 7,000-acre (28 km2) plot was granted to Don Juan Vives, a physician and military officer of the Spanish government.[3] The Belle Alliance plantation house was built by a successful sugar planter Charles Anton Kock, also owner of St. Emma Plantation around 1846.[4]

The plantation house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1998.[1]

Belle Alliance Assumption.JPG

Location
Donaldsonville
State
GeoCoord
30°3′20″N 91°1′59″W
Founded
1846
Status
Active
Address
Assumption Parish
NRHP Ref Number
98001425