Dunleith is an antebellum mansion in Natchez, Mississippi. The previous building, Routhland had been built by Job Routh in the 1790s and passed down to his daughter Mary Routh. When it was struck by lightning and burned down in 1855, her husband, General Charles G. Dahlgren rebuilt the home. It was sold for $30,000 in 1858 (equal to $821,885 today) to Alfred Vidal Davis who renamed it Dunleith. It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1974.
The 12 room main house sits on 40 acres (16 ha) along with several outbuildings including a carriage house, a dairy barn, a poultry house, and a three story brick courtyard building that historically would have housed the kitchen, laundry and slave quarters. The main house has a Greek revival design and includes 26 Tuscan columns built of brick and stucco. There are porches around the entire building on the first and second floor. The first floor includes windows similar to those in Monticello which would roll up to become doorways.
Dunleith plantation was finished in 1856. The original house on this estate was built by Job Routh in late 18th century and later burned in 1855. It is now just a Bed & Breakfast and does not do tours only. During the Spring Pilgrimage 2012 tour of this house, the tour was nothing spectacular. In this tour, we only were shown the first floor as the second floor was the bed and breakfast.