Edgewood, also known as Higginbotham House, is a historic home located at 138 Garland Avenue in Amherst, Amherst County, Virginia. It was built in 1818, by Arthur B. Davies a local attorney and Amherst County Court Clerk. It is a two-story, seven bay, "T"-plan brick dwelling in the Greek Revival style. It sits on an English basement and features a two-story pedimented wooden portico. Additions made in 1972 are in the Federal style. The house retains most of its original woodwork and mantels, and features murals painted by an unknown local artist. The building housed the Higginbotham Academy from 1851 to 1860, as well as the local Masonic Hall, and meeting place for a Methodist congregation.