Point of Fork Plantation is a historic plantation house and farm located near Columbia, Fluvanna County, Virginia. The main house was built about 1830, and is a two-story, five bay, brick dwelling in the Greek Revival style. It measures 50 feet by 40 feet and is topped by a shallow hipped roof with balustrade. The front facade features a large two-story tetrastyle Greek Doric order portico. Also on the property are a contributing servant's house and office. The house is a twin of Glen Arvon, as they were built by brothers William and James Galt. In March 1865, Federal troops under General Philip Sheridan occupied the plantation and Sheridan set up headquarters in the house.
West of Columbia off VA 624, near Columbia, Virginia
NRHP Ref Number