"Jeanerette, Louisiana. Iberia Parish was built 1837 and 1842 on the banks of Bayou Teche, off the Old Spanish Trail, by Charles Grevemberg, who operated a successful sugar plantation on the surrounding 6,500 acres. After he died, his wife managed the plantation until mortgage holders Samuel and Isaac Delgado foreclosed in 1885. Neither lived at Albania, but they continued to operate the plantation and to refine sugar on site. The ruins of the sugar mill are still there today.