Fatherland Plantation was on the former site of the "Grand Village of the Natchez Indians," which is a park today on
Adams County, MS. On St. Catherine Creek at T7N-R2W, sections 16, 17, 14 and the land west of the creek in section 18.
The plantation was at the following land coordinates: T7N-R2w, section 5; and T8N-R2W, section 53.
Mary Lee (Floyd) Walton (b. 1793 Jefferson County, KY; d.
John T. Scott purchased Waverly, a small property of only 75 acres between Mosby's Brighton Plantation and Second Creek in Adams County, MS. At the time, he owned seven slaves.
This mansion stands on part of the land where the French built Fort Rosalie in 1716 on the bluffs of Natchez Indian settlement.
After the Natchez War of 1716, Bienville (also founded New Orleans) as part of the peace treaty, required the Natchez Indians to build the fort. This fort was close to the main Natchez settlement; and served as the primary French stronghold and trading post until it was eventually destroyed by the Natchez Indians.
Adams County, MS; on Kingston Road, south of Natchez, on Second Creek. The map coordinates were T6N-R2W, section 42.