DeSaussure Plantation

Submitted byFHMaster onSun, 03/28/2021 - 16:38

General Information - Location - Lot 35 of Bayley’s Barony

Owners -         

  • Held by Daniel DeSaussure during the pre-Revolutionary era
  • The lot was later sold to J. Berwick and passed into contemporary Shipyard Plantation.

Land - 312 acres

Maps - Mosse, "Hilton Head Island, 1783.  Lot 35"

Bibliography - 

    Peeples, An Index to Hilton Head Island Names

 

Additional Information:

During the pre-Revolutionary era a 312-acre plantation, Lot 35 of Bayley’s Baroney, was held by Daniel DeSaussure, son of the French Huguenot immigrants, Henri and Magdale Brabant DeSaussure of Lausanne who settled in Beaufort District in 1731. It was later sold to J. Berwick and passed into contemporary Shipyard Plantation.

  • Peeples, Robert E.H., An Index to Hilton Head Island Names (Before the Contemporary Development), p.11.
Location
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
State
Status
Unknown