Ferguson Plantation

Submitted byFHMaster onSun, 03/28/2021 - 16:46

General Information - Location - south side of Broad Creek, Lot 28 of Bayley’s Barony.

Owners - 

  • Estall Laurence, lessee
  • Mr. Ferguson, apparently a son of John and Mary Ferguson of St. Helena’s Island, acquired the plantation in 1783.
  • Eventually incorporated into Shipyard Plantation.

Land - 316 acres

Map - "Mosse, Hilton Head Island, 1783   Lot 28"

Bibliography - 

    Peeples, An Index to Hilton Head Island Names
 

Additional Information:

In 1783 Mr. Ferguson, apparently a son of John and Mary Ferguson of St. Helena’s Island, acquired a 316-acre plantation on the south side of Broad Creek, Lot 28 of Bayley’s Barony, formerly leased by Estall Laurence and eventually incorporated into Shipyard Plantation.

  • Peeples, An Index to Hilton Head Island Names (Before the Contemporary Development). p. 14.
Location
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
State
Status
Unknown