Much of the information on this page was contributed by Michael Dyches.
- Location – Allendale County
Two miles south of the present Town of Sycamore; property is situated on both sides of US 321
The Town of Sycamore takes its name from Sycamore Plantation.
- Origin of name – ?
- Other names – Tuten's Pond
- Current status – Privately owned
- ? – Earliest known date of existence
- ? – House built
- 1865 – The plantation was used by General Sherman on his march to Columbia. He burned the house when he left.
- Number of acres – 4,000 during Civil War period
- Primary crop – Cotton
- Alphabetical list – Captain William Barker (original owner); Connelly (2005); Tuten
The plantation stayed in the Barker family for seven generations.
- Number of slaves –