The mansion was built in 1830 for Narcisse Prudhomme. After his death in 1859, the property was inherited by his son, Achille Prudhomme. Although the plantation survived the Civil War of 1861-1865 intact, after Achille's death, the land was divided into parcels by his heirs and sold off. In 1916, Charles Edgar Cloutier, the husband of Adeline Prudhomme, a great-grandniece of Narcisse Prudhomme, purchased the property.
It has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since March 28, 1979.