- Location – Pendleton District, Anderson County
- Origin of name – ?
- Other names – Longhouse, the Brown Farm
- Current status – Property is owned by Clemson University; house no longer exists
- 1700s (late) – Earliest known date of existence
Joseph Whitner held the deed to the property but he did not improve the land. He later sold the property to Colonel Thomas Pinckney, Jr.
- 1808 – Colonel Thomas Pinkney, Jr. built a house on the property and called it Altamont.
Sometime within the next 20 years he built a second house and called it Altamont II.
- 1824 – Colonel Pinckney sold the first Altamont house to his brother-in-law, Dr. Francis Kinloch Huger.
- 1937 – The property was sold to the United States Government to become part of the Clemson Community Conservation Project.
- 1940s – The house was torn down. Two of the Italian mantles were relocated to Woodburn Plantation.
- Alphabetical list – Robert and Jane Fleming Adger; Mamie McCrary Brown; Alice Gant; Dr. Francis Kinloch Huger; Edmond McCrary; Colonel Thomas Pinkney, Jr.; Joseph Whitner
- Number of slaves – ?
- Initial references: See #1
- Suzanne Cameron Linder and Marta Leslie Thacker (with preliminary research by Agnes Leland Baldwin), Historical Atlas of the Rice Plantations of Georgetown County and the Santee River (Columbia: South Carolina Department of Archives and History, 2001).