- Location – South of Barnwell, near Kline, Barnwell County
272 Cedar Hall Road
- Origin of name – ?
- Other names – ?
- Current status – ?
- ? – Earliest known date of existence
- 1832 – House built (4)
- 1865 – Sherman and his troops marched through South Carolina. The house at Cedar Hall Plantation was spared from being burned because Sherman selected it to be his personel residence while in that part of the state (4).
- 2017 – As of January 2017, Cedar Hall Plantation was for sale with an asking price of $1.5 million (4).
- Alphabetical list – Thomas J. Cater; Thomas and Martha O'Connor
- Number of slaves – ?
References & Resources
- Claude Henry Neuffer, editor, Names in South Carolina, Volume I through 30 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company)
Order Names in South Carolina, Volumes I-XII, 1954-1965
Order Names in South Carolina, Index XIII-XVIII
- Alexania Easterling Lawton and Minnie Reeves Wilson, Allendale on the Savannah, (Bamberg, SC: Bamberg Herald Printers, 1970)
- Jim Parker, Get Outta Town – House Hunters Scouring the Charleston Area – and Beyond – For Country Homes, Estates (Charleston, SC: The Post and Courier, August, 13, 2016)
- Real Estate Listing | Photos
Thomas J. Cater
Thomas and Martha O'Connor