Madewood Plantation House, also known as Madewood, is a former sugarcane plantation house on the Bayou Lafourche south of Napoleonville, Louisiana, United States. It is located approximately two miles east of Napoleonville on Louisiana Highway 308. A National Historic Landmark, the 1846 house is architecturally significant as the first major work of Henry Howard, and as one of the finest Greek Revival plantation houses in the American South.
The mansion was built for the Colonel Thomas Pugh in 1846 and was designed by architect Henry Howard in Greek Revival style. The house was originally the manor house for a 10,000-acre (4,000 ha) sugar plantation.
Thomas Pugh was the half brother of William Whitmell Hill Pugh who owned the Woodlawn plantation and Alexander Franklin Pugh who was part owner of the Augustin, Bellevue, Boatner, and New Hope plantations.Thomas Pugh died of yellow fever in 1852. During the Civil War, the lawns were used by Union troops as a hospital.