Chesterville Plantation Site is a historic archaeological site located near NASA Langley Research Center, Hampton, Virginia. The main house was built about 1771, and was a two-story brick house set on a high basement, with a three-bay gable end front, and stuccoed brick walls. The site includes the remains of the house, the ruins of a building with a ballast stone foundation, the foundation of a brick kiln, a cemetery, and scattered evidence of 17th century occupation. In 1755 George Wythe (1726-1806) inherited the property believed to have been his birthplace, and built the Chesterville Plantation house about 1771. It was his primary place of residence until 1775 and he continued to operate a plantation there until 1792. The mansion was destroyed by fire in 1911.
Off State Route 172, near NASA Langley Research Center, Hampton, Virginia
NRHP Ref Number