Sabine Hall is a historic house located near Warsaw in Richmond County, Virginia. Built about 1730, it is one of Virginia's finest Georgian brick manor houses. It was built by noted planter Landon Carter (1710–1778). It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1969, and declared a National Historic Landmark in 1970.
Sabine Hall is located in a rural setting south of Warsaw, Virginia, on a ridge overlooking the Rappahannock River to the south. The plantation property on which it stands extends as far east as Jugs Creek, and north and west to United States Route 360. The main plantation house is a two-story, brick and stone, Georgian style manor house. It is flanked by later 1-1/2-story brick wings. The center of its main facade is dominated by a two-story four-column portico with pedimented gable. The interior features a fully paneled central hall measuring 18 by 48 feet (5.5 by 14.6 m), and an ornate carved walnut stairway that has been described as one of the finest in the nation. The house overlooks six gardened terraces descending to the river.
The central core of the plantation house was built by noted planter Landon Carter (1710–1778) in about 1730, and was, at the time of its National Register listing, still owned by Carter / Wellford descendants. In 1764 the house was enlarged to join the kitchen outbuilding (since demolished) via a covered passage. One of the wings was added at an unknown date; the other was added in 1929 to give the building visual symmetry.